Thinking in 3D to Apply Conflict Analysis and Management
-With the power of LEGO® SERIOUS® PLAY® methods and materials!
Strategic Play® delivers LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® methods under the creative commons license held by the LEGO® Systems Group. LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® is an internationally-renowned facilitated process used by organizations to engage participants to generate innovative ideas for organizational improvement.
Your clients are counting on you - Get ready to add value to your program! Get certified to use LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® methods & materials!
Now with LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® and Conflict Analysis and Management, you can use these combined powerful methodologies. We have wrapped psychometrics tools, and know-how into the Strategic Play® tool kit and developed a unique and powerful program that delivers huge value to clients.
- Most managers and organizational leaders struggle to manage conflict.
- Often, attempts to resolve these problematic situations actually make things worse.
- The hidden costs of community, organizational or workplace conflicts drain resources.
- Increased sick leave, low of engagement, poor staff retention, risk aversion, increase in complaints are all signs that a protracted conflict is present.
Bringing in a third party to intervene is often the only way to help change the status quo.
If you have a powerful tool, such as LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY®, the landscape and playing field changes dramatically. If you are a conflict practitioner, a process group leader, or a facilitator/management consultant wanting to learn a better way to analyze and manage conflicts, this training is for you.
LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® is an excellent tool for conflict analysis and management, and it is very effective in addressing issues that are challenging and otherwise unreachable.
This training was developed and designed by SERIOUS PLAY® Master Trainer, Jacqueline Lloyd Smith, who also holds a MA in Conflict Analysis and Management and an MBA in Executive Management Consulting and is a Registered Management Consultant.
This training moves participants through processes where they explore individual and team identity, learning how it pertains to identity-based conflicts. We will be taking a deep dive into workshops and processes with groups in conflict or crisis. We use individual psychometrics to help understand conflict styles and thinking processes that often cause cognitive distortions (thinking errors), resulting in workplace conflicts. The social value and costs of conflict will be covered along with the impact of culture within organizations.
The last section of this training deals with systems thinking. We will apply LSP core principals to understand where the conflict lives and grows, what fuels it, and how to manage it. We will review group dynamics theory along with numerous conflict theories, and discuss how they pertain to conflict management within complex organizational structures.
You will learn:
1 The power of this 3D tool for numerous applications and designs;
2 How to use bricks to move people from positions to interests, to find common ground;
3 Indicators and techniques to analyze the situation and ways to manage resistance;
4 Techniques to manage bullies, underdogs, supporters, and other actors within the conflict process;
5 Keys to uncovering and addressing destructive passive aggressive behaviors;
6 Multiple ways to design processes to keep the group on track and ensure your process stays positive and appropriate;
7 When to and when not to intervene;
8 Creative ways to intervene;
9 Ways to deal with artificial harmony.
You will get:
1. Two full days of training and your certificate indicating you have been trained by a master trainer in LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY®, showing your logged hours;
2. The ability to register with the LEGO® group in Denmark;
3. A full manual with everything you need to get up and going;
4. Lunch and breaks;
5. A special set of LEGO® Bricks for you to use immediately and get started;
6. A professional quality head-shot and other high resolution photos to use on your website in your marketing efforts.
7. Your own set of 3D Diagnostic Cards and book full of ideas.
Ok, now it's time to register to make sure you don't miss this powerful training program. We have limited seat available and a wait list of people wanting to add this offering to their tool kit.